I’m going to take that crystal ball out of storage, polish it up and gaze into the future…..ok, so I’m just going to guess what I think the following year will bring based on what’s happening as this year comes to a close.
- One World Trade Center will be completed in 2012. The 1,776-ft. tower is on schedule to be completed by late next year. Opening to the public is scheduled for early 2013. The world (and this blog) is loving the amazing progress at the new World Trade Center site.
- Iran’s nuclear ambitions may cause a steep rise in gas prices. As Iran continues to invest in nuclear weapons, it faces the threat of economic sanctions from the United States and the European Union. So, Iran has threatened to close off the Strait of Hormuz (at the base of the Persian Gulf) from all oil exports if the US and EU go through with the sanctions. If this were to happen, a large chunk of the world’s oil supply coming from the Middle East would go nowhere and the price of gas would skyrocket. Let’s hope a deal is reached…
- Donald Trump may still try to enter the 2012 Presidential Election…as an Independent. Mr. Trump recently left the Republican Party (that’s a very good thing for the GOP) and re-registered as an independent. The infamous media whore and chronic attention-seeker has indicated he may still run. Sarah Palin has also flirted with running as an independent. If either or both of them decided to run, they would split the GOP vote, which would definitely give the President a second term.
- The crazy GOP field of candidates will hand a second term to President Obama. Michelle Bachmann. Rick Perry. Herman Cain. Newt Gingrich. Ron Paul. Mitt Romney. Rick Santorum. If you need any more explanation, you have been living under a rock the past 12 months. The GOP can’t decide on a candidate, each candidate keeps saying insane, insulting things, the economy is improving, and, as mentioned in my previous prediction, Trump and/or Palin may still enter the presidential race. These things combined equal a second term for President Obama. The crazy, far-right crop of GOP candidates is a sad reflection on American politics today….but it’s also incredibly entertaining. 😉
- Madonna’s 12th studio album will come out! I cannot wait for Madonna’s new album. Her new single, “Give Me all Your Luvin'” will feature Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. and is set to be released in late January. She will sing it live, along with a few Madonna classics, at the Super Bowl on February 5th. If the new single is anything like the demo that leaked a couple of months ago (entitled “Give Me All Your Love”), it will be an incredible album (Benny Benassi and William Orbit are co-producers). A world tour is expected to start in late 2012.
- Democratic revolution will continue to rock the Arab world. Many Middle Eastern dictators were ousted and one (Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi) was killed in the midst of revolution. Young people all over the Arab world are overthrowing the regimes of old in favor of democracy. The revolutions continue to rage; In Egypt, there’s an uprising against the military-led government…the military that took power after Hosni Mubarak was thrown out earlier this year.